Senior Linux Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
This individual will be responsible for the architecture and administration of the RHEL Linux deployment, as well a leading and hands-on role in the architecture, design, platform operation, and performance engineering of the VMware infrastructure platform.
- Design, implement, and maintain a UCS-based virtual server platform for RedHat Linux and Microsoft Windows servers, using VMware ESX.
- Maintain VMWare environment over time, including performance tuning, cluster optimization, and capacity planning
- Maintain and expand the RHEL Linux server platform, VMWare environment, and UCS
- Help provide support for the system on an on-call rotational basis.
- Evaluate new technologies and support systems
- Optimize and tune RHEL-based Linux server performance.
- 5+ years of Linux administration experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field
- Deep experience with all aspects of Linux OS system administration.
- Experience designing and implementing an enterprise-wide Linux infrastructure using Cisco UCS and ESXi v5 (moving to v6)
- Deep knowledge of vMotion, vSphere, vCenter, HA, DRS, Auto Deploy, etc.
- Deep experience with RHEL Linux and VMWare Engineering and Operation
- Ability to write complex scripts in a common language (Perl, Python, Shell, etc.)
- Experience with vendor management helpful