North American Bancard is looking for a Senior Linux / DevOps engineer to join the team in Troy, Michigan. If you're looking for an environment that won't silo you or get you 'stuck' in a certain area, come join the team at NAB! We are looking an innovative individual who is a strong team player, passionate about delivering quality results.
The Dev Ops Linux Engineer is responsible for the administration of internal and external web service based tools. Working with the engineering and QA teams, you will focus on ensuring build management, automated testing, and software delivery is done in a cohesive, intuitive, automated way. This position is also responsible for administering and supporting the systems needed for project environments.
- Managing and maintaining the Development/Test/Stage server infrastructure used for internal Engineering projects and the PayAnywhere mobile products.
- Installing OS updates, patches, performance tuning and general troubleshooting.
- Help develop the release strategy for various web-based projects.
- Support the provisioning, dynamic configuration and monitoring and administration of Linux servers within the environments contained in the DTS zones.
- Develop detailed support and implementation documentation.
- Participating in on-call support and release rotation.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field, or equivalent experience
- AWS Cloud experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years supporting Linux resources in a medium-sized enterprise environment
- Experience with programming/scriptinglanguages (such as Bash, PERL, Python, Java or PHP)
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and incident management
- Hands on experience and / or familiarity with a majority of the following:
- Ubuntu and RedHat / CentOS Linux preferred
- Server virtualization including cloud instances. AWS EC2 preferred
- Supporting applications built on the LAPP (Linux, Apache, PHP, and Postgres) stack.
- Supporting DNS & DHCP
- Containerization technologies (Docker preferred)
- Build automation tools (Puppet Labs, Ansible, Docker)
- CI Tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, or similar)
- Version Control systems (Git, Mercurial, Stash, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Using and managing Atlassian tools
- Formal DevOps experience, including testing and release / deploy automation
- Experience with managing high availability solutions
- Must have a basic understanding of network configuration, tools and security.
- Strongly self-motivated and able to meet objectives with little direct supervision
- Able to make effective decisions in high-pressure situations, with limited management escalation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
At North American Bancard we celebrate diversity and create an inclusive environment for everyone, we are an equal opportunity employer.