The candidate will be part of the Cyber Security Engineering team working in a 24x7x365 operational environment. The position requires communication with customers via email and phone regarding service outages and support requests. In addition to providing and documenting any updates of service tickets and track problem resolution. The candidate will also support enterprise IT operations and call center teams by monitoring network hardware and applications, and execute engineering tasks to resolve issues. Applicant must be a positive, flexible, self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and able to excel in a fast-paced environment. Communication skills are critical with the ability to verbalize and provide documentation to both technical and non-technical audiences. Applicants must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task effectively
The Linux Engineer applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology. Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments. Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification.
- Follow up on technical issues with operations and call center teams and all stakeholders in resolution process.
- Support software and hardware issues and ensure stable system performance.
- Execute engineering tasks in support of system performance tuning on workstations, applications or network infrastructure in support Linux, Unix operating systems
- Partner with other team members to integrate Microsoft Windows services with Linux/Unix systems
- Observe industry best practices, standards, and procedures.
- Support maintenance and monitoring of the system/server infrastructure to include patching, system upgrade, backup, and configuration.
- Conduct problem management process (root cause analysis) attempt to determine the real or underlying cause of an incident in order to prevent future recurrences
- Support forensic analysis, triage and break fix of system server/server related trouble tickets.
- Perform account management including user account creation and deletion.
- Perform certification and professional development training to remain current on technologies and to improve skill sets and efficiency.
- US Citizenship (no dual citizens)
- Eight (8) years of working experience with a mix of job duties above
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or related technical discipline OR four (4) years professional IT experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Active Department of Energy (DOE) “Q” Clearance OR Top Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain required clearance. Candidate can work while clearance is underway.
- Ability to work under pressure with set timelines.
- Enterprise experience
- Experience with large scale OS migrations, (RHEL6 to RHEL7 and RHEL7 to RHEL 8).
- Must be a team player AND be able to work independently.
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet.
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.).
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management.
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.