SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
This position will be part of a talented team that is responsible for the growth, on-going maintenance and development of a large-scale server farm running primarily on Linux \ Centos.
- Provide Level 3 support for complex system and applications, rolling out new systems, maintaining, migrating, upgrading and improving the long-term performance of the systems.
- Perform as a senior member of the systems administration team to support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modification, security, and upgrading of IT systems and components to provide services that enable internal customers to effectively apply IT to business requirements.
- Have knowledge of tools and mechanisms for distributing new or upgraded software to ensure internal customers receive current versions of supported software, as they become available.
- Shall be able to work with other senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and topology from both general and specific perspectives. Provide L3 support on an on-call support rotation model.
- Core Linux Sr. Engineer, Good Scripting knowledge, Hands on Patch Management knowledge and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Build, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of the Linux environment in a cross-domain environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in IT.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in engineering and design capacities.
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with strong work habits and have senior-level career experience in maintaining large numbers of LINUX/Centos servers.
- Deep Understanding of Linux/Centos Fundamentals and Concepts.
- Extensive System Administration experience with Centos and other Linux flavors.
- Proven experience in VMware running large scale Virtualized environments.
- Scripting experience, specifically with Python and shell scripting language to automate existing and workloads and routine system admin tasks.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BIND, LDAP and other core technologies such as Sendmail, NTP, TCP/IP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS etc.
- Experience in resolving complex issues related to Break-fix Performance tuning and deployments.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills with Linux, network in complex App and DB environments.
- Experience with Git and CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GitHub, etc) preferred.
- Strong understanding of network and server security.
- Create/update documentation; Visio drawings, turn-over documents, etc.
- Interpreting and administering policies and procedures enough to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
- Obtain US Government Security Clearance.
- Work on trouble tickets.
- Experience in AWS.
- Experience in managing Linux (CENTOS preferred) in AWS.
- Working experience with Ansible / Puppet.
- Working experience with ClamAV.
- Working experience with Spunk.
- Working experience with STIG Images using CENTOS.
- Working experience with SELinux subsystem configurations.
- Experience implementing, administering and creating custom dashboards for performance monitoring/Metrics
- Configuration Management (Spacewalk/ Satellite) experience preferred.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.