The Senior Linux Administrator role is primarily responsible for managing the companies SUSE infrastructure servers supporting a large SAP environment running on VMware. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of in-depth experience in large environments, highly motivated and be able to operate without supervision and in a collaborative environment. and operate independently.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plan, design, install, maintain and troubleshoot highly available Linus SUSE clustered servers. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of servers running Linux SUSE operating system supporting SAP.
- Maintains the integrity and security of the servers and systems by ensuring they are on current releases and security patches applied according to policy.
- Analyze and determine root cause and resolution for complex problems.
- Linux storage management – LVM, NFS, CIFS, Automounter.
- Privilege escalation management using SUDO – Centralized SUDO Configuration.
- Linux system management, setup, configuration, hardening, backup and disaster recovery.
- Linux Active Directory Integration, support, and troubleshooting. Sets up administrator and service accounts
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with other Sysadmins, SAP Basis, and users on a daily basis.
- Makes recommendations with hardware & software purchases, coordinates installation when needed.
- Is responsible for ensuring all servers meet our backup and disaster recovery policies with the security, sysadmin, and SAP Basis teams.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and documents results.
- Provides advice and training other Sysadmins.
- This is a high-availability environment and will require occasional after-hours and weekend work to implement patches or other required maintenance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Manager, IT Infrastructure
- Director, IT
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to make critical decisions affecting system availability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work independently
- Have a positive attitude and committed to continual improvement
- Knowledge of In-Memory Computing, SAP HANA is a plus
- A 4-yeardegree in a relevant field (Computer Science, IT, Systems, etc)
- Experience supporting SAP HANA and Sybase
- 7+ years’ experience in large enterprise environments
- SUSE Certified Administrator
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for this position.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time