Make a difference! Be inspired! Accuray helps cancer patients live longer, better lives.
Accuray Incorporated (Nasdaq: ARAY) invents, manufactures and supports a complete portfolio of radiation therapy and radiosurgery platforms for treating multiple forms of cancer. Our team works passionately to create a future without the fear, pain or human suffering of cancer. With over 800 systems installed worldwide, our leading edge technologies - the Cyberknife®, TomoTherapy® and Radixact™ Systems - put the emphasis on patient-focused care. Our offerings range from high-precision radiosurgery for early-stage and localized disease to 3D image-guided, intensity-modulated-radiation therapy for more advanced disease throughout the body. For more information, please visit www.accuray.com.
The IT Senior Dev Ops Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining systems used by the Accuray Engineering department. These responsibilities will include recommending, designing, implementing, and operating infrastructure and systems for source control, automated testing, issue and project tracking systems, documentation creation, etc. This position will work closely with the hardware and software engineering teams to support development of the Accuray product lines and create and document usage and business processes around managed systems. This role will include frequent collaboration with IT and Engineering management for metrics, general communication, incident management, project management, project management surrounding managed systems, and representing Engineering’s interests within IT.
- Support Engineering code migration, version control, code compile and code releaseinfrastructure. Assist and/or lead development of automation test systems and infrastructure.
- Establish and maintain LINUX operating system standards for Engineering. Help define OS standards and processes. Particularly processes like initial deployment, promotion to production and change management.
- Develop, implement and communicate infrastructure standards, processes and procedures for the management and support of LINUX-based customer requests and impacting incidents. Develop both IT and end user training materials as appropriate.
- Evaluate and recommend network software and hardware for the Engineering-focused enterprise systems including capacity modeling, performance tuning, backup and recovery, security, and infrastructure and software monitoring.
- Creation of metrics and measures of utilization and performance for Engineering systems. Publish weekly and monthly reports for IT and Engineering management.
- Work with core production support personnel in IT and Engineering to automate deployment and operation of the infrastructure. Maintain and support Engineering lab hosting and equipment.
- Ability to work with and as a member of the IT Infrastructure group as required to refine our Production capabilities: testing, kernel issues, compatibility and deployment of new versions of custom or commercial software.
- Lead the IT relationship with the multi-campus Engineering department. Ensure global coordination on processes and procedures to build consistency and continuity across Engineering systems.
- Execute and monitor compliance activities within IT such as the Systems related first and last day of work activities, software purchasing processes i.e. SOX, HIPAA, Internal Audit, Software license compliance, etc.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university with 7-10+ years of relevant experience and increasing levels of responsibility managing large scale LINUX / UNIX environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting critical applications on the LINUX / UNIX, Windows, and Mac operating system including OS installation and upgrade, package management, volume management, securityauditing, and performance tuning, Microsoft Office, VPN, and related application and system troubleshooting. Ability to independently resolve routine problems with various software and hardware. Microsoft, Linux, or other related certification is a plus.
- Must have experience supporting Engineering computing infrastructure, particularly code migration and releaseinfrastructure. Ability to code scripts such as Perl, Tk, or Shell, to automate routine engineering tasks is required.
- In-depth understanding of Perforce, Github, Jira, Jenkins, or similar version control and bug tracking software is required.
- Experience with High Availability NAS and SAN technologies is preferable. In-depth knowledge with tier-storage and cloud platform vendor such as Amazon, Google, and/or Azure is essential to be successful in the role.
- Solid basis in systems management automation using industry-standard open-source tools such as Python, Perl, PHP, Bash, Puppet.
- Prior experience with remote monitoring and event handling using Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia, etc. is a must.
- Exceptional collaboration & communication skills. Strong ability to participate in interdisciplinary team and influence technology direction.
- Demonstrate high individual effectiveness and organization skills: flexibility, communication, time-management and interpersonal skills, with high attention to detail, and experience handling multiple projects/tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Previous experience in a SOX and HIPAA controlled environment is preferred.