TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Senior-Level Geotechnical Engineer growing Geo-Environmental and Civil Engineering team in Madison, WI. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and experienced in geotechnical design and construction. Our engineering staff provide support for permitting, design, and construction of a wide variety of technically challenging projects primarily for industrial, utility, renewable energy, and solid waste management clients. As a senior-level engineer, you will apply your knowledge and develop new skills while working on challenging projects. By providing you with mentors, you will attain a well-rounded knowledge that will offer boundless opportunities for your professional development. TRC's Madison office is a vibrant, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in an office that thrives on teamwork.
- Provide geotechnical guidance in the design and construction for a variety of developments.
- Provide guidance for subsurface explorations and soil testing programs.
- Develop geotechnical reports.
- Develop permit documents and supporting engineering calculations for a variety of developments.
- Prepare engineering drawings and specifications for construction projects.
- Provide civil-site design for a wide variety of projects supporting developers, facilities, and infrastructure comply with various state and federal regulations;
- Assist clients in addressing their development challenges and goals by working with project teams to perform analyses and develop client focused solutions;
- Mentor and delegate tasks to junior level staff;
- Manage tasks and projects;
- Apply quality assurance and quality control processes;
- Have strong technical writing, data management, organizational and communication skills; and Develop proposals and perform business development.
- Travel throughout the US, primarily in the upper Midwest.
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Advanced degree or training in Civil Engineering, Geological, or Geotechnical Engineering;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Eight years engineering experience providing geotechnical guidance and similar tasks.
- Experience with the development and implementation of plans, designs, and specifications.
- Experience performing subsurface explorations, logging borings, and performing laboratory testing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Valid driving license (with no major violations).
- Ability to pass a background check and OSHA physical.
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Experience with energy related projects, specifically renewable energy (wind, solar, etc.).
- Experience performing stormwater analysis and developing Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies and permitting construction projects.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, including current annual refresher.