Senior Lender, VP - Portfolio Management | Mid-town, Manhattan
In this position, you will support the Financial Center and Private Client Groups with business development for middle and upper middle market clients. If you are a creative thinker with exceptional analytical skills, and thrive in a high demand, collaborative environment; this immediate opportunity might be a fit!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Interact with Private Client Groups, their clients and prospects to assess loan requests
- Monitor the credit quality of diverse loanportfolios consisting of owner occupied real estate, working capital and revolving lines of credit, as well as performance of each credit
- Approves middle market credit requests within assigned credit authority; prepare underwriting analysis and credit offering memo; recommend requests that exceed credit quality to Team Leader for approval
- Analyze applicant’s financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of loan request; submit application to credit analyst for initial credit review as necessary
- Review financialreports submitted by clients to monitor compliance; notify Team Leader of credit quality issues within portfolio
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate, and in compliance with policy and approval
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial lending experience at a leading money center bank or equivalent institution required
- Formal credit training strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with financial statement / cash flow analysis and financial ratios
- Strong knowledge of commercial lending with understanding of federal banking regulations and commercial lending policies, procedures, practices, and techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to piece together financial information to assess for potential risks.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with ability to think of alternatives that fit business standards
- Superb interpersonal skills; able to build and maintain relationships. Must possess high ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to manage competing priorities in fast-paced, high demand environment
- Good leadership skill; able to coach and mentor junior staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred