We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
Providing clerical support to attorneys and cover for scheduled and non-scheduled absences of secretaries; assist with all overflow work as required for daily operation of law practice.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Draft, transcribe and type routine correspondence and documents.
- Maintain files of correspondence and other records.
- Strong proficiency in litigation support: efilings in State and Federal courts, etc.
- Answer telephone and routine questions from clients and staff members and/or route calls to appropriate staff members.
- Schedule appointments, depositions, meetings, hearings, etc. and keep appointment calendar for attorney; make travel arrangements.
- Perform administrative duties such as file opening and closing.
- Receive, read, and route/answer incoming mail/e-mail.
- Draft some legal documents and other substitute legal assistant duties under the supervision of an appropriate professional.
- Perform clerical duties for non-legal departments as needed.
- 4-5 years previous legal secretarial experience or related clerical experience.
- Typing - 80+ WPM; advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively with various levels of legal staff.
- Comprehensive legal secretarial knowledge.