$80K — $100K *
As a full-time editor in our fast-growing legal know-how business at Thomson Reuters, you will have the opportunity to apply your securities law skills in a highly professional environment. This is a dynamic job that allows you to fully utilize and continuously expand your legal knowledge. This opportunity permits you to share your legal knowledge while writing on legal topics to create attorney-specific resources for our Capital Markets & Corporate Governance Service. Our culture is dynamic, energetic and intellectual. Our hours are regular and vacations are never interrupted. We work collaboratively on resources and interesting projects that integrate with Thomson Reuter's other offerings, particularly in the legal technology space. Our subscribers include most major international law firms and corporations, including approximately 85% of the Am Law 200, hundreds of small and mid-size firms and over 1,300 legal departments worldwide.
The focus of the editor is to expand the scope of our legal know-how materials in the following areas:
· The unique array of legal issues facing startup companies and growing businesses with a focus on capital raising and corporate governance and housekeeping.
· Conducting all aspects of venture capital and startup financings including seed, bridge, crowdfunding, Regulation A and Series A/B/C/D financings, preferably representing the issuer.
· Choosing, drafting and negotiating venture capital and startup financing instruments including term sheets, convertible securities, purchase agreements and SAFEs.
· Issuer and underwriter/placement agent issues at all stages of registered and unregistered offerings.
· Strong knowledge of issues relating specifically to organization of startups and small businesses throughout their life cycles.
· Strong familiarity with issues that impact decisions for startups (such as labor/employment, intellectual property, stock options).
The Attorney will:
· Conceptualize, draft and edit original legal know-how materials, including practice notes, annotated standard-form documents and transactional checklists for online and print publication.
· Maintain current awareness of and analyze law and market practice in this area.
· Focus and shape the future of Practical Law’s transactional startups content.
· Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to plan and lead product demonstrations, webinars and in-person continuing legal education seminars for current and potential subscribers.
· Assist with the development of special projects undertaken by Thomson Reuters and Practical Law.
· Organize and conduct webinars on topics of interest to attorneys practicing in the securities law area, and assist with marketing initiatives and sales demonstrations.
· Write and edit content for Practical Law.
· Develop and use existing relationships with in-house counsel and legal practitioners to ensure that the transactional offerings content is topical and meets their needs.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
· At least eight years of securities law experience providing advice on transactional matters to a variety of organizations with a strong focus on representing startups and small business organizations.
· Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
· A solid understanding of the needs of law firm attorneys and corporate counsel with respect to all areas of securities law practice.
· Ability to understand and interpret fundamental workings and trends within a target industry.
· A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
· very close attention to detail;
· impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
· the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to provide a writing sample.
Valid through: 3/27/2021
$80K — $100K
28 days ago