$250K — $500K+*
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Senior Corporate Counsel, Go To Market
Workday is a fast growing Software as a Service (SaaS) company headquartered in the Bay area. We are looking for an outstanding lawyer with 10+ years of legal experience to join our expanding Go-To-Market legal team.
Based in the Workday HQ office in Pleasanton, the Senior Corporate Counsel, Go To Market, will serve as Workday's new transactional counsel to support North America go-to-market sales for Workday's newly acquired affiliate Peakon and liaise with the broader Workday legal team as we work aggressively to integrate Peakon into Workday. We need a strong SaaS transactional counsel, with excellent business judgment and interpersonal skills, keen understanding of data privacy and security issues, and creative problem-solving capabilities to close deals and refine the Peakon legal terms and go-to-market approach for North America.
This legal counsel will assist the Peakon legal team in the U.K. in defining scalable contract approaches and playbooks and train our North America sales teams to support the innovative and rapidly growing employee engagement platform. They will also work closely with Workday corporate headquarters and cross-functional teams (sales, services, product, marketing) to help drive alignment and implement integration strategy for North America sales.
• JD from a recognized U.S. law school and licensed to practice in California, or eligible for in-house registration
• 10+ years' experience with a leading software or technology company
• CIPP/E Certification and/or deep understanding of complex global data privacy laws and principles
• Strong understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements in highly regulated industries such as financial services and healthcare
• Excellent contract negotiation and drafting skills, comfortable and adept at teaming with sales leadership in fast moving customer facing transactions
• Attention to detail, willingness to roll up their sleeves to get into the details and drive creative solutions but ability to think on the fly and drive efficient deal process and fast decision making
• Superior business judgment and the ability to address complex opportunities and issues in creative and effective ways
• Ability to see around corners to identify opportunities and issues in our software space and participate fully with the business teams charting our future sales directions
• Specific experience in a SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise software or social network environment
• Significant experience counseling global organizations on commercial and compliance issues
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to create and sustain lasting relationships with customers and management
• Team player with a sense of humor
Valid through: 6/26/2021
$100K — $150K *
$100K — $150K *