All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
On our legal team, you will have a hands-on opportunity to shape the future of Chainlink, one of the most exciting projects in the blockchain space. We are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and experienced attorney to serve as Senior Legal Counsel to take on the challenge of a fast-growing and evolving industry.
You will be working closely with our General Counsel and business teams, and helping to build a world-class legal department. As a key contributor, you will work on some of the most exciting legal and business issues in blockchain today.
- Be on the front lines of developing strategies for evaluating complex risk in business-centric ways
- Build scalable processes that allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly
- Ensure compliance with applicable U.S. and international laws and regulations, in close collaboration with colleagues in finance and operations
- Be a business partner, not just an attorney, to industry-leading experts
- Continuously research and master the latest legal frameworks from regulatory bodies across the globe
- Advise a wide range of business teams on a variety of complex legal topics
- Prior experience with, detailed knowledge of, and a passion for blockchain technology a must
- 5+ years of legal experience with at least 1 year of in-house experience in the blockchain space or in the blockchain group at a major firm
- Ability to present complex compliance and regulatory issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical and results-oriented legal advice
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and act decisively
- Ability to take ownership of projects and concisely turn legal analysis into action
- Familiarity with legal regimes impacting the decentralized finance industry and experience with open-source software licensing a plus
- Experience with contract negotiating and drafting a plus
- Current Bar admission