Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client's success.
If you're looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This role will manage and supervise a wide range of litigation and regulatory matters, including handling disputes, lawsuits, and arbitrations; selecting and supervising outside counsel; responding to regulatory inquiries; and conducting internal investigations.
- Manage litigation, arbitration and regulatory matters globally for T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries. Oversee responses to lawsuits, demand letters, investor complaints, subpoenas, regulatory inquiries, and investigations. Select and manage outside counsel. Manage in-house team of legal analysts and e-discovery counsel.
- Advise and counsel business units and legal department colleagues on dispute avoidance and resolution. Provide guidance and develop strategies for avoidance of litigation risk.
- Provide legal guidance regarding claims filed on behalf T. Rowe Price funds, trusts, and proprietary products in securities class action settlements. Analyze foreign securities action opportunities and U.S. class action opt-out solicitations for which T. Rowe Price funds, trusts, proprietary products and clients may be eligible to participate as plaintiffs.
- Represent T. Rowe Price associates at depositions in civil litigation, regulatory interviews, and arbitration proceedings.
- Manage and conduct internal investigations as needed.
- Law Degree from accredited School of Law.
- Active member in good standing of the bar of a United States state or jurisdiction.
- Law Degree from accredited school of law and member in good standing of state bar.
- 10 years of related work experience as an attorney working on securities litigation and regulatory enforcement matters in a law firm or a corporate legal department.
- Must have in-depth specialized experience with securities litigation and ERISA litigation.
- Must have management experience.
- Strong oral and writing skills.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills, including decisiveness on legal issues combined with willingness to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Ability to interact effectively and work in partnership with a diverse group of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to balance the needs of individual business units with a broader understanding of the objectives of the firm as a whole.
- Excellent conflict management skills.
- Experience managing litigation at an asset management firm.
- In-depth specialized knowledge of bankruptcy and trusts and estates law.