UK - Hertfordshire - Stevenage, UK - London - Brentford, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle ParkPosted Date:
Mar 1 2021
Senior Legal Counsel, Global Medical Affairs will be providing strategic legal advice to the Global Medical groups of Values, Evidence & Outcomes (VEO) and Clinical Safety & Pharmacovigilance (PV), including advising the Head of VEO, Epidemiology, and Patients in Partnership and the Head of Clinical Safety and Pharmacovigilance. This position will also provide legal support for Global Medical Initiatives. As legal counsel for Global Medical Affairs you will be dealing with a wide range of legal issues that span the life cycle of a pharmaceutical asset. Key activities and responsibilities of this role will include:
*This position can be based in US or Europe (with a preference for US) and will report to Head of Legal Global Medical. Expected travel will be minimal (< 20%). We would like to fill this role as soon as possible*Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Member of VEO LT, advising the Head of VEO, Epidemiology, and Patients in Partnership
- Assisting with governance and contracting for supported studies, health outcomes, collaborative and real-world evidence studies
- Providing strategic counseling and assisting with governance concerning engagement with patient organizations
- Providing strategic advice to Therapeutic Area Medical teams regarding supported studies, VEO studies, and patient engagement
- Counsel on appropriate interfaces between Commercial/Marketing and Medical
- Member of Safety Executive Team, advising the Head of Clinical Safety and Pharmacovigilance.
- Counseling on Pharmacovigilance issues
- Member of Global Safety Board, which includes safety issues from Oncology, Respiratory, Specialty, Vaccines, and Classic and Established Products
- Counseling on Global Medical Initiatives
- Partnering with Compliance and other legal stakeholders to conduct of investigations of alleged compliance violations
- Working with compliance, other legal stakeholders and business stakeholders, identifying areas for training.
- Developing policy and SOPs regarding medical governance
- Position will require you to work in a matrix setting with various stakeholders in Legal (Local lawyers, Global TA lawyers, R&D lawyers, Manufacturing & Supply lawyers, Digital and Privacy lawyers) as well as within the Global Business (Regulatory, Medical, Commercial, Compliance) across therapeutic areas (Oncology, Respiratory, Specialty & Vaccines). Will also interact with senior leaders in Legal, Medical and Commercial Business.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- J.D. with Bar Qualification (Or Country equivalent)
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Law, Life Science/Healthcare Law, Corporate Law (preferred)
- Experience working with Pharmacovigilance or Medical Affairs groups within Pharma (preferred)
- Experience in non-promotional and promotional activities (preferred)
- Strategic thinker who is able to provide practical resolutions and help resolve conflicts.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record