As a key member of the Process Technology legal team, reporting to the Vice President of Legal, the Senior Legal Counsel will have primary responsibility for overseeing the legal activities for the Claremont, Operating Center. This position will be based in Claremont, California. S/he will provide legal advice on a variety of matters and commercial risks related to the business. The Senior Legal Counsel will be directly involved in complex business transactions and in negotiating critical engineering, licensing, and EPC agreements. The successful candidate will be a business-minded attorney with a firm grasp on legal best practices in theengineering industry and will:
- Manage the legal aspects of the Claremont, California Operating Center's business.
- Draft and negotiate complex engineering, licensing, EPC, technology development, and cooperation agreements to support business transactions.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the business and its strategies.
- Foster strong working relationships with the business professionals, balancing legal risks with business necessities.
- J.D. from a respected law school.
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience with a track record ofsuccess in drafting and negotiating contracts in the construction, engineering, or technology licensing industry.
- Prior in-house experience at an EPC contractor or engineering company is a strong preference.
- Strong negotiation skills and expertise and understanding of engineering and construction contracting a must.
- Broad based legal training that includes commercial contracts, ethics and compliance.
- Familiarity and experience with intellectual property and technology licensing issues is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Maturity and ability to make decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- Personal and professional integrity of the highest order.