At Bombardier Business Aircraft, our employees work together to produce products that are exceptional by design. We’re looking for the most creative, sharp, motivated and dedicated legal minds to work on high profile mandates with an international scope.
In your role, you will:
- Provide legal support to various internal teams, including, contracts, new and pre-owned sales, marketing, finance, structured finance, fleet account management, and flight operations.
- Support and/or lead the negotiation of multi-million dollar cross border agreements related to the sale of private jets around the world. You will be responsible for drafting complex and specialized terms and conditions that balance Bombardier’s risk and the needs of our unique customers.
- Draft and negotiate an array of commercial agreements such as, letters of intent, aircraft leases, secured financing instruments, and marketing agreements.
- Manage disputes combining your business acumen with your risk mitigation abilities.
- Train internal stakeholders in order to improve their understanding of legal concepts to help prevent litigation
- Collaborate with a team of highly skilled, highly accomplished business and legal minds to achieve the best results for Bombardier.
- Be presented with opportunities to travel to glamorous destinations.
- Participate and contribute in meetings with Bombardier senior management and with high net worth individuals.
- Lead efforts to address continuing improvement to standard agreements.
As our ideal candidate,
- You are a practicing member of the Bar of at least one Canadian province or one U.S. state, preferably Québec and/or New York.
- Having a civil law and a common law degree would be considered an asset;
- You have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience practicing commercial or transactional law or complex commercial litigation, with at least 3 years of practice within a renowned law firm.
- You are a leader and autonomous. You have excellent legal and business acumen.
- You possess strong interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- You have strong drafting skills in English.
- You have the ability to work flexible, extended and/or irregular working hours in line with business demands, together with an ability to travel on short notice.
- You have the ability to work autonomously.
- You are bilingual – French and English.
- Proven experience or knowledge of the aviation industry is an asset.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Senior Legal Counsel-MON14684