The Legal Administrator is responsible for the administration and management of the contracting process in the Company. The primary duty is managing contractual process in accordance with companys procedures and recording in the Company's systems. In this position, you will work closely with the Legal contracts team and collaborate with department leads with the contracting process and research on historical agreements. The successful candidate will have a professional and collaborative demeanor. They will have an outward-facing role, working with senior members of most departments within the Company, including Finance, Sales, Sales Operations, Technology and Product. The Legal Administrator must have strong technical skills and a solid and thorough understanding of contracting concepts and industry practices/standards, as well as a proven track record of successfully applying such knowledge and practices in a fast-paced industry environment.
What You'll Do:
- Independently manage the lifecycle of a contract, from initial contract request to signature and record keeping/programming of content in the company contract database.
- Manage and maintain contractual records and documentation of contracts through the company's systems and manual processes.
- Analyze contract requirements, proofread, interpret contract terms and conditions, and abstract key data elements for input data into the contract management system.
- Monitor status, respond to inquiries, and ensure that signed contracts are properly recorded and documented in companys systems.
- Provide administrative support to corporate attorneys (e.g. formatting documents; tracking contract metrics within department to report to management and assisting to prepare presentations to internal stakeholders).
- Prepare and format legal and management reports and track status and statistics of contract lifecycle and operations.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the usage of supporting systems to lawyers involved in contracting process.
- Collaborate with sales team and other internal business partners to ensure contracts are accurately and efficiently processed.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 4 years contract administration experience
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com, DocuSign or an equivalent electronic signature technology.
- Experience with Conga or equivalent contract management system a plus.
- Familiarity with operational processes in legal contracting and/or procurement departments and legal operations software.
- Familiarity with the overall functions of Sales, Sales Operations, and Finance.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Willingness to work extended hours at quarter close and for special projects
- Familiarly with key legal principles and working knowledge of contract structure, terms and provisions.
- Strict adherence to company guidelines, confidentiality, compliance laws, and legal requirements.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, excellent proofreading ability, extremely detailed oriented and possess incredible accuracy.
- Bachelors degree (BA or BS) in business administration and/or paralegal certificate and/or equivalent experience