Assesses and develops strategic plans for the development of training programs, consulting interventions and communication plans to address management and/or clinician training and development needs. Leads efforts for program implementation.
- Assesses, develops and delivers training programs, learning material, workflow documentation and communication solutions across multiple lines of business supporting organizational / local strategic goals. Consults with leaders to identify and address the learning needs in the organization.
- May partner with management in the development and implementation of training/ learning materials. Leads communication programs that are accurate, consistent, and reflects business unit work flows and business processes for a business unit.
- Establishes effective working relationships with peers, both internal and external to Kaiser Permanente . In collaboration with management, ensures efficient, effective staff development through the delivery of consistent and appropriate training and communication techniques. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Consults with leaders within the organization to assess, trend, and analyze the learning and communication needs of employees based on current and future strategic plans. Develop, implement, and coordinate various training programs and training interventions. May serve as a subject matter expert (SME) to provide mentorship and training to less senior staff.
- Proactively identifies and implements improvements in training curriculum and communication using industry standards for testing methods, needs analysis, and redesign for communications, training programs and learning materials.
- Provides feedback and deploys computer based training programs. Stays abreast of learning, consulting, training and development research including new tools, methods, and techniques.
- May support the staging and maintenance of training environments.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Technical Trainer for EHR/EMR and other technology
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in curriculum development, instructional design or leading training programs.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, public health administration, or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in instructional design and delivery
- Experience and demonstrated skills in developing and administering training needs assessment , analyzing organizational challenges, and developing organizational solutions that have a measurable impact on addressing performance gaps and issues
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Expertise in the principles of group dynamics, adult learning theory, consulting and training and development techniques
- Must have exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong computer skills (ie: MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Will require travel within the Northern California Region
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
Job Number: 741499