Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is leading Commercial Provider of secure sensor and mission processing subsystems. We are pioneering a next generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the current industry's current and emerging technology needs. The size and makeup of our organization enable forward thinking, entrepreneurial professionals thrive and prosper.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of1990.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
The Lean Deployment Leader is primarily responsible for development and deployment of the tools, operating methods and processes that make up the Lean Deployment principles at the Mercury Systems USMO Operations.
You are responsible for
- Lean Operating Systems methods such as Daily Management, Standard Work, 5S, KPIs, VSM & Visual Flow Methods
- OD methods (change management, org assessments, development, communication planning)
- Systematic multi-year roll out of LOS. Facilitate horizontal learning application across functions
- Co-develop with site/BU leadership of the appropriate management system with aligned forward looking metrics
- Analysis of 'as-is' state, 'to-be' state VSM / 3P development, gap analysis, and development of foundational prerequisites Develop/deploy accelerated foundational strategies to support achievement of operational & financial commitments Baseline 'as-is' learning/knowledge/skills/expertise and ensure leading practice knowledge is leveraged across the BUs Establishment oflearning curriculum & certification requirements at each level of the org (ie. leadership, DL, IDL...etc.)
- Develop core approach systemic deployment of fit for purpose / key tools, methods and CI elements Engage with BU/Site HR in support of effective cultural transformation driven by change management methods Lean Operating Systems methods such as Daily Management, Standard Work, 5S, KPIs, VSM & Visual Flow Methods
- Stages of excellence definition/requirements. Gap identification using VSM methodologies
- Rapid identification of levers to drive Quality, Inventory & Delivery improvement as basis of initial success
- Quick identification of VoC gaps and customer experience to turn VoCs to turn GREEN
- Maturity based on as-is & gap assessment by site
- Achieve first Level of "medal" certification (Bronze, Silver, Gold...etc.)
- Clear evidence of integration of all functions at the site
- Extension of key LOS elements into key suppliers such as problem solving, mistake proofing, VSM, VRK,TPM, and Daily Management
- Six Sigma tools knowledge with multiple cycles of learning
- Integrative/system thinking, leadership influence, and change management skills and experience
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead implementation of significant changes in large organizations
- Ability to simplify complex/ambiguous problems to drive change in theorganization focusing on the "vital few"
- Clear understanding of the linkages throughout the order fulfillment process demand/supply/delivery)
You are a part of
Lean Deployment Manufacturing Operations Team
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial, supply chain mgmt or equivalent technical field
- MS/MBA with supply chain/manufacturing/industrial engineering concentration is a plus/desired
- Program/Project Management certification preferred
- Lean Expert, Six Sigma certification
- 5 years of directly related experience in LO systems deployment (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma/DMAIC methodologies...etc.)
- 5 years direct experience leading OE manufacturing/MRO operations or equivalent
- 5 years in operations functions or planning, procurement, materials mgmt. or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in OD/OE toolset and methodology
- Demonstrated experience in driving functional/operational excellence initiatives
Must be able to travel up to up to 25%