The focus of this position is to act as a Lean Leader in the Mequon Manufacturing plant. This role will be responsible for leading the plant improvement effort including managing the Productivity program for Mequon Operations. Will also act as a lean project specialist to lead continuous improvement activities and actively help production associates on the shop floor. This person must be innovative and decisive with an ability to drive change through influence of others and the ability to foster teamwork and engagement quickly.
This position also requires collaboration with Design and New Product Producibility engineers to achieve optimum product design for manufacturability. Represent Operations in PFMEA reviews, root cause analysis, design reviews and other activities as required. Works on issues moderate to broad in scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires review of relevant factors. Exercises judgement within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Coordinate the reporting of Lean Projects in the Project Tracking Database for Mequon Operations.
- Prepare, or assist in the preparation of financial justifications for projects, and, if necessary, act as the point of contact with the finance organization for project approval.
- Lead process improvement projects ranging is scope from department specific to plant-wide cross functional.
- Communicate effectively to teams and leadership.
- Facilitate Value Stream Map sessions and Kaizen events.
- Utilize strong organizational skills to track all CI activities and ensure timelines are met.
- Demonstrate an awareness of state-of-the-art and lean manufacturing concepts and practices.
- Coach, mentor, and train others on Lean concepts through Yellow Belt and White Belt training and certification.
- Define and lead projects to improve process, safety, quality, delivery and productivity performance.
- Utilize computational skills and appropriate software to maximize productivity.
- Utilize Management of Change (MOC) process for all activity.
- Use personal computer to obtain, organize, and analyze data and to prepare charts and reports. Software proficiency skills required in word processing, spreadsheet, and SAP. Other beneficial software skills include CAD, report generation, process mapping, project management, and databases.
- Participate in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) analyses for their specific manufacturing technology, process, and methodology.
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality, and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO9001, ISO14001, etc.) as well as Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EOE, M/F/Disabled Vet
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of 5years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Project Management experience involving leading Process Improvement projects and Change Management.
- Green Belt Certification required with a thorough understanding of the DMAIC process as well as experienceapplying LeanSix Sigma tools and methodologies.