At Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions we are currently seeking a talented Senior Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer in Aurora, IN. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
The Senior Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing projects and training efforts associated with the Lean/Continuous Improvement transformation and sustainment initiatives.
ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT?
- Managing production projects.
- Achieving targeted annualized cost goals and related cost reductions from lean, strategic sourcing, intelligent manufacturing, and capital strategy initiatives.
- Ensuring strategic goals are met and exceeded.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred.
- 8+ years progressive lean management experience required.
- 5+ years in a leadership role (direct or indirect).
- Periodic travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.