The Global Director of Marketing for IDEXX BioAnalytics (and team) will be responsible for the global marketing strategy and execution for the product portfolio. Responsibilities span the full commercial marketing activities from insight generation, marketing strategy development, product development insight, product launch, and ongoing market support.
IDEXX BioAnalytics’ scientific expertise takes a novel approach to the discovery of new diagnostic tests that supplement a robust portfolio of products and services. We partner with Pharma, BioTech, and Academia (the scientific community) to improve animal and human health.
We are looking for a strong leader and marketer (with strong experience in product marketing) with the following strengths:
- Quickly gains an understanding of customer needs
- Well versed in marketing best practices
- Global perspective and experience
- Successful Leader- hires and coaches people effectively
- Understands intricacies of the market and its changing dynamics
- Matches portfolio capabilities with market need; advises R&D on new product needs based on intel
- Strategic, Creative & Tactical drive to showcase portfolio to current and potential customers
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong business acumen
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic business direction for IDEXX BioAnalytics product portfolio consistent with strategic imperatives.
- Lead an international team of marketing professionals to deliver results, including identifying and developing talent, providing direction as needed, and ensuring alignment with strategic imperatives and marketing best practices.
- Partner with sales leadership to support commercial imperatives and achieve short and long term financial objectives.
- Responsible for the product positioning/messaging which includes identifying and selecting market segments and opportunities, market development activities, and executing on the new and existing product goals.
- Consult with Customers, R&D, and scientific leadership to determine optimal approach to IDEXX BioAnalytics markets.
- Creates and implements product sales training based on identified marketing strategies and tactics.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally to achieve desired outcomes.
- Guide team in accordance with IDEXX BioAnalytics mission, values and principles.
- Represent IDEXX worldwide to employees, customers and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or relevant technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Master or MBA strongly preferred.
- Science education experience is a plus.
- 8+ years of progressive leadership and marketing management experience.
- 8+ years of marketing experience, with a broad span of experiences within the overall commercial marketing process, including the generation of customer insights, value proposition development, creating comprehensive global marketing plans, MarComm or agency utilization, field marketing and sales product training, and pricing/ promotional programming as examples.
- Expense Management experience
- Some science exposure and/or curiosity/ interest in the field is necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven management & leadership abilities.
- Strategic thinking and planning to ensure continued growth.
- Proven effective capability to launch and support products using commercial marketing principles.
- Effective communications (presentations, correspondence, and 1-on-1 across whole company at all levels).
- Influential and adept at pulling together diverse perspectives to align into one strategy and approach.
- Strong business acumen with proven ability using key financial indicators (ROI impact, etc.) to make business decisions.
- Create/communicate vision among many regions/lines of business/functional groups.
- Global Experience; understanding of cultural impacts to marketing campaigns.
- Organizational and people development, performance management, and change management.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization.