Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) has an exciting position in our sunny Orlando, Florida location. We are seeking Senior Lead Software Engineer who will lead a software team and technically contribute to the IEWTPT contract. You will be a part of the development of next generation military command and control (C2) training environments using Modeling and Simulation. In this role you will:
- Contribute to detailed domain analysis of the IEWTPT constructive training program, to support life cycle management as the foundation to provide Training as a Service (TaaS)
- Lead and develop software and systems products in a UNIX, Linux, Windows-based workstation, and / or containerized environment.
- Lead the plan, design, development and software test, components or subsystems or applications for software enhancements and new products
- Lead and conduct research, design, document, implement, and test computer software systems, in conjunction with product development requirements, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Help champion and implement SAFe Agile practices by serving as Product Owner and supporting Scrum Master (s).
- Lead and conduct research and data analysis, such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Lead and contribute to the completion of major programs and projects
- Lead and provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems
- Independently determine approach to solutions
- Experience in leading software teams to successful deliveries of software systems
- Experience in Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) software development
- Configuration management (Clearcase, GitLab, SVN) and CMMI L5 software processes/metrics and Product Line Management processes/tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Software requirements analysis (DOORS), software design, software implementation and software testing
- Full use and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Comprehend object-oriented software development and C/C++/Java software language proficiency
- General knowledge of other related disciplines
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to multi-task
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Ability to clearly report relevant information
- Agile software development experience