- Lead person for support activities related to MALDI-TOF instruments
- Contributes to the product concept, architecture, and component execution.
- Coordinates, with the other technical disciplines, the support and integration activities of complex electro-mechanical instruments.
- Oversees the design, development and test through the entire product lifecycle.
- Support functional and design requirements for system functionalities and features and ensure all designs are properly documented.
- Conducts and participates in Technical reviews
- Responsible for executing projects within the engineering function, requiring close collaboration and coordination with other global engineering/scientific disciplines, departments, and third-party partners.
- Accountable for the technical output of internal and external teams of multidisciplinary team members, including planning and coordination activities for the documentation, design, support, further development and testing product components.
- Encourages best practices in engineering design and leads the utilization of advanced engineering theories, methods and research techniques in product support and development design.
- Complies with the design control guidelines and Quality requirements within the company’s regulated ISO\ FDA environment.
- Builds relationships with external development partners and prospective technology partners; co-develop and drive projects with these partners.
- Mentors less experienced colleagues in their technical development.
- Provides input into Performance Management on a project-by-project basis.
- Candidate must be well grounded in fundamental system engineering design principles with demonstrated hands-on design competency in refining time-of-flight mass spectrometry systems.
- Experience leading and developing an improved sample loading system solution
- Experience creating prototypes for Ion Optics
- Thorough understanding of the design, fabrication and testing of ion optical, high voltage and high vacuum systems.
- Experience with leading teams of multidisciplinary engineers.
- Strong Systems Engineering and integration skills with demonstrated relevant experience over the full product development cycle for a complex electromechanical system.
- Ability to lead and direct others in a technical environment, and collaboratively work with members across all engineering disciplines.
- Strong project planning and leadership skills, with proven ability to drive projects through completion
- Extensive experience in optimizing performance in time-of-flight mass spectrometry systems.
- Strong business acumen in addition to project management and technical skills
- First hand experience in an ISO/ FDA regulated environment is highly desirable.
- First hand experience with automation equipment is highly desirable.
Knowledge and Skills Required for the Position:
- MS or equivalent 14+ years’ experience in Electronics or Industrial equipment design; developing and supporting mass spectrometry systems, particularly MALDI-TOF systems.
- Proficient use of Development environments, MS Office Project, Excel, Word; Required.