CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Sr. Lead Project Manager will be responsible for developing plans and managing the implementation of activities for multiple moderately to highly complex projects/programs. The individual is responsible for management of projects that cross departmental lines and have considerable impact on Consumer Markets employees and customers.
- Develop project plans to document project scope, schedule, tasks, and risk management
- Responsible for the progress of assigned complex projects/processes within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Creation and tracking of projects; escalate and track project issues; document progress and prepare status reports (metrics, summaries, etc) to be communicated in both formal and informal settings
- Manages new process creation, requirement building along with training and documentation needs
- Analyze work plans and makes recommendations for improved processes
- Has accountability for stakeholder management including overall progress, challenges, scope and timing
- Conduct meetings with stakeholders to determine objectives and execute on deliverables
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating resource needs within multiple Consumer markets departments and lines of business; and prioritizing those needs for IT
- Responsible for building and maintaining business relationships, which includes working with all levels and organizations of the company to maintain and provide status of key projects
- Identify/Analyze process risks and inefficiencies; actively seeks opportunities to transform the business and eliminate costs through these efforts.
- Provide consistent feedback on improvement opportunities related to current business process
- Gather input from various channel leads and SMEs to create and validate comprehensive requirements, rollout plans and test plans for their initiatives
- Lead to ensure that each project is led with high quality and meets the measures of success
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 8+ years experience (6+ with Master's Degree)
- Completion of formal externally recognized project certification requirements (e.g. PMI, PMP) or a minimum of 5 years of significant project management experience
- Demonstrated project management skills; must have experience in establishing timelines, detailed reports and executive summaries.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) are a must
- Excellent analytical and presentation development/delivery skills
- Ability to identify employee and customer experience gaps
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to communicate project needs to internal and external teams/vendors
- Experience within or knowledge of telecom industry
- Experience with coordinating business needs with IT working teams
- Working knowledge of the Consumer products and procedures
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and automation tools
- Working knowledge of Agile processes and User Story creation
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition #: 207422
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.