This Senior / Lead Project engineering position for the Integrated Products Division of Refrigeration will be responsible for Customer support work, developing new product technologies to position our products for expansion into adjacent markets, and innovating beyond traditional condensing unit programs. As Senior / Lead Project Engineer, candidates will be responsible for the engineering direction and execution of projects while working in a team-orientated environment with local and global Emerson project teammates. In addition to work with mechanical systems, this position will define, test, and implement electronics and other new technologies into new and existing condensing unit product lines and integrated solutions.
- Engineering innovative system solutions leveraging mechanical and electrical devices.
- Developing test procedures for new products.
- Writing requests for engineering lab support.
- Supporting cost reduction efforts.
- Providing technical support to Sales and Marketing.
- Guiding other project engineers through complex programs.
- Interacting with customers to understand and solve customer needs.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving in the area of integrating HVAC systems, compressors, drives, and control
- Travel: 10%
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field plus five (5)years of experience with electro-mechanical systems.
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Engineeringexperience with air-conditioning or refrigeration systems.
- Have electronics or electronic control experience
- Ten (10) years' experience with electro-mechanical systems.
- Prior experience with customer interaction.