Description: Job Title: Network Engineer *SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE* Job ID: CHQ20182707-26211 Location: Melbourne, FL; Rochester, NY; Clifton, NJ; Fort Wayne, IN; Colorado Springs, CO; Herndon, VA
During its 120-year history, Harris has transformed communications and information technology. Harris is a proven leader in tactical communications, geospatial systems and services, air traffic management, environmental solutions, avionics and electronic warfare, and space and intelligence. From ocean to orbit and everywhere in between, we provide mission-critical solutions to connect, inform and protect the world.
On the Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don?t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work her because we know what ? and who ? we?re protecting! From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform ? we?re making the world a safer place!
Harris Corporate IT has an opening for a CCIE Senior Network Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- Provide technical and engineering leadership on the Corporate Data Network Engineering team
- Interface with colleagues on other IT infrastructure teams, including security, voice, data center and NOC
- Evaluates, pilots, designs, documents, implements, performs tier 2/3 problem isolation and resolution
- Mentors, coaches, and assists in training team members and fellow IT infrastructure colleagues
- Plans and coordinates major information technology initiatives.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Captures, decodes and interprets packet captures from tools like Wireshark
- Devises solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and limitations of installed equipment
- Identifies equipment upgrade opportunities and coordinates acquisition, deployment and implementation
- Identifies and recommends architecturenetwork topology modifications, enhancements, overhauls, migration plans to solve capacity, resiliency, or changing business needs
- Develops contingency plans for network software or hardware failure including isolated and major outages
- Participates in architectural, engineering review, change planning and other oversight discussions
- Design and implement of data, voice or video networkinfrastructures.
- Responsible for implementing complex projects (any ?first time? builds)
- Core or Internet (DMZ or External Facing) infrastructures, acceptance testing of new hardware and software
- Responsible for tier 2/3 troubleshooting
- Design and deploy necessary controls to ensure the network meets service levels.
- Troubleshooting, and on call rotation
- B.S in Information?Systems, engineering or equivalent with at least?12 years of related?experience
- Cisco CCIE Routing & Switching certification
- Previous experience in global network design and architecture in a hands-on engineering role
- Previous experience evaluating, designing and implementing new technologies
- Previous experience?designing, installing and troubleshooting on an enterprise network,?including multicast
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Extensive experience designing, implementing and leading teams supporting routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP, iBGP/eBGP, ISIS, Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, Load balancing, Multicast PIM Sparse/Dense, MSDP
- Extensive experience understanding and configurating Quality of Service on LANs and WANs enterprise-wide. Able to customize across all Cisco platforms and global network to support Voice, Video, and selected applications
- Thorough understanding of VPN - site to site, client, IPSEC (including the protocol suite), DMVPN, MPLS Multi-VRF and VRF-Lite
- Extensive knowledge of Datacenter design utilizing the Nexus product line
- Strong knowledge of the Cisco ISR G2 and G3 platforms, 68xx through 2960X
- Experience with SDWAN design, implementation and/or support
- Experience running networks in government and defense industry
- ITIL Foundations v3?certification
- Process-oriented?and able to work as a team
- Strong?problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong?communication skills
- Solid documentation?experience with Visio, Word, Excel
- Ambitious and goal?oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
- Ability?to work in fast paced environments and adapt quickly to changing?situations
- Must?be able to effectively handle stressful situations