Job Summary Farmers insurance Mobile team is looking for a senior/ Lead Mobile engineer to help us take Farmers technology to the next level. Essential Job Functions
- You will lead hands-on mobile architecture, design and development work.
- You will set the tone, quality and culture of iOS team.
- You will lead and mentor by example. Yes, you will code, document and set style guides so the team could refer to a “source of truth”.
- You will advocate for performance and questioning the status quo.
- You will research new technologies that will extend your skills and the value that Farmers Insurance can offer to our customers.
- You will collaborate with other developers, architects, business analysts and product owners.
Physical Actions Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Physical Environment Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Education Requirements Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- 7+ years experience as a software engineer.
- 5+ years experience as an iOS developer (with strong Swift experience)
- 1+ year experience as a lead
- Experience driving process improvement and mentoring a team.
- Aptitude to solve problems
- You can demonstrate the reasoning and explain technical trade-offs to business stakeholder.
- You must have a good understanding of Backend technologies: Node.js, HTTP, REST and SOAP, scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Knowledge of data schemes and databases
- You should know how to instantiate deploy on Heroku