Responsible for the engineering support staff, which is responsible for the input of engineering system data, processing Engineering Change requests.
Sr/Lead Engineering Analyst - Northville
Responsible for supervising the engineering support staff, which is responsible for the input of engineering system data, processing Engineering Change Request and Engineering Change Orders (ECR/ECO) in addition to supporting the engineering department in cross-functional tasking procedures and processes.
- Supervise the engineering support staff through defining project scopes, tasks and priorities related to the engineering procedures and processes.
- Evaluate and recommend new methods and initiatives to improve the recording, documentation and effectiveness of visual aids and procedures for design engineering.
- Assist design engineering staff with multiple tasks, including maintaining manufacturing part numbers, ECOs, and other duties necessary to meet project schedules and customer requests.
- Develop objectives and plans to expedite input and flow of data into the Axalant/SAP systems.
- Take action necessary to develop alternatives to problems and/or schedule delays; resolve problems and recommend ways to recover time lost.
- Assist and/or coordinate prototype development of new products.
- Report project ECO status on a regular basis to the Manager, Engineering and Program Management.
- Estimate time required to complete assignments.
- Track and report obsolescence initiative on a regular basis to the Manager, Engineering and Program Mgt.
- Work with sales, marketing, and scheduling to actively identify and eliminate non-production materials from use.
- Support and coordinate interface issues between Axalant/SAP working with international colleagues.
- Develop product manuals and engineering change orders (ECO's) per procedure.
- Evaluate and maintain SAP flags for non-cost relevant and non-production relevant products.
- Assess all Axalant enhancements as they occur and communicate these changes to the effected departments.
- Work with international DPE's of Engineering on Axalant/SAP problems and/or improvement ideas.
- Coordinate and assist Axalant/SAPEngineering Support specialist in receiving, reviewing accepting or rejecting proposed SAP changes.
- Implement SAP changes per engineering requirements.
- Complete ECR/ECO, queries, departmental documents, reports and procedures to ensure that corrections of Axalant/SAP meet the prescribed time constraints.
- Comply with all TS16949 policies and procedures.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and/or 8+ years of professional-level engineering/analysis experience (internship/co-opexperience incl.) encompassing one or more of the following areas: test engineering/analysis, gear manufacturing analysis/planning, product design/development, and/or program/launch management
- 6+ years of supporting multiple engineering disciplines and/or applications engineers in the processing of customer sales requests and quotes
- 3+ years of supervising others in addition to delegating/tracking independent work assignments and training programs
- 2+ experience in product design outputs, reductions in manufacturing cost and achievement of quality
- 2+ years of experience with data systems (e.g. ECR, ECO, Axalant, SAP, etc.) and a working knowledge data processing methods and quantitative techniques
- Experience with BOM structures, engineering drawings, design change procedures, and the technical facets/implications of product development in a manufacturing environment; Working knowledge of engineering tools and methods, both hardware and software
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment with international colleagues
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to influence and engage at multiple levels within internal and external organizations
- English language competency - both oral and written
- Excellent project and planning abilities
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities
- Superior interpersonal, communications and listening skills
- Strong drive for teamwork with a customer-oriented approach to projects
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft® Word and Excel
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Experience in the Automotive and/or Electronics industries
- German and/or Spanish language skills