ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its World’s Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work® Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. We’ve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
- Independently executes data analysis and modeling projects from project/sample design, reception and processing of data, performing analyses and modeling to final reports/presentations, communication of results and sales support. Leads complex analytics projects. May manage employees or interns.
- Utilizes advanced statistical techniques to create high-performing predictive models and creative analyses to address business objectives and client needs.
- Demonstrates to internal and external customers how analysis can be implemented to maximize business strategies including cost benefit analyses. Provides technical sales support, which may include providing strategic consulting, needs assessments and the preparation and presentation of analytical proposals.
- Tests new statistical analysis methods, software and data sources for continual improvement of quantitative solutions. Shares knowledge within Analytics group.
- Creates clear and easy to understand reports and/or PowerPoint decks for client meetings or third party collaborations. Verbally presents analysis ideas, progress and results to internal managers, external partners and customers.
- Communicates with internal groups on data specifications and with IT engineers on model/algorithm implementation.
- Create detailed project plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Provides high quality ongoing customer/partner support; answering questions, resolving problems and building solutions.
- Assures compliance with regulatory and privacy requirements during design and implementation of modeling and analysis projects.
- Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics computer science, mathematics, economics, or operations research.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, listening and teamwork skills, and effective presentation skills. This is absolutely essential since you will have a lot of exposure to different internal groups (data, IT, product and sales) as well as third-party partners and customers (insurance companies).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience including 2+ years of statistical modeling and data mining in a P&C insurance context (insurance company or insurance consulting firm) using large and complex datasets. Experience with personal lines rating plan modeling is a strong plus. Life or health insurance experience is a bonus.
- Expertise in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, GLM, tree models, cluster analysis, principal components, and feature creation, validation.
- Programming experience with SAS (STAT, macros, EM), R and other statistical software (CART, Emblem, SPSS, Matlab). Greenplum and UNIX experience is a plus.
- Detail-oriented technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for managing many large and complex datasets.
- Aptitude in performing multiple tasks and dealing with changing deadline requirements. This includes knowing when to escalate issues. Maintains a focused, flexible, organized, and proactive manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Not just software use but proficiency in creating effective and visually appealing PowerPoint presentations, and well-structured error-free and readable spreadsheets.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.