Job Family Summary
Drives IT engineering solutions, framework, roadmap, program optimization and process engineering in a high-velocity culture by introducing technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps and systems design. Analyzes competitive strategies, infrastructure technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators. Contributes to robust and innovative strategic solutions and builds resilient support for next-generation systems to solve business challenges.
Job Level Summary
- Recognized as an expert within the company and requires in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline and broad knowledge of other job disciplines within the organization function.
- Solves unique problems that have a broad impact on the business.
- Contributes to the development of organization functional strategy.
- Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements.
- Identity management experience (Okta, Active Directory, etc.)
- Experience in writing scripts in one or more languages such as Python, Go, or similar.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to customers and set up their Cloud Foundations.
- You come with prior experience in public cloud (AWS, GCP or others), automation tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with cluster deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, Jenkins).
- You have experience managing cloud infrastructure in AWS, GCP, Azure, or similar (We use AWS & GCP) You have built and deployed containerized applications and services to Kubernetes (e.g. GKE, EKS)
- Experience with transactional database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Cassandra) or data analytics tools.
- Experience in system administration tasks in Linux, Unix, or Windows and familiarity with standard IT security practices (e.g., encryption, certificates, key management).
- Design, build, and operate the core platform infrastructure (e.g. cloud resources, container orchestration, continuous deployment) used by all Amfam’s engineering teams.
- Diagnose and fix problems stemming from complex interactions of a wide range of components in a modern service platform.
- Guide the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Act in key support roles during major incidents. Participate in the post-incident review process. Write and maintain runbooks and documentation.
- Design and implement processes to maintain and improve organization-wide reliability.
- Optimize build pipeline and tooling to reduce CI/CD times.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- 5+ years of applicable engineering experience
- Strong coding skills in one or more languages - we mostly write Python and Go at Amfam, but experience with others is also valuable
- Experience with creating and managing AWS/GCP/Azure resources with Terraform
- Familiarity with monitoring systems such as Dynatrace and cloud native tools.
- Experience with modern networking aspects
- Practical experience building and administering Kubernetes clusters
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.