We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
As the Senior Lead AV Product Manager (Technical), you and your team of Product Managers will work closely with our AI and Robotics engineering leaders to shape and execute the Cruise AV product plan. This includes defining our portfolio of products and initiatives, allocating resources to achieve our vision, and implementing novel workflows to increase team productivity.
Cruise AV engineering is responsible for building the end to end autonomous vehicle software from perception and localization to robotics. This role will help accelerate the development of our autonomous vehicle (AV) software by driving the vision, strategy and roadmap that enables AV software engineers to build the world’s most advanced driverless car.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and grow a team of 20+ AV Product Managers
- Establish a shared product vision and strategy for the Cruise AV, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and expected and unmet customer needs
- Develop and execute an impact-driven product roadmap in close collaboration with technical customers, engineering, end users and senior leadership
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, operations, AV integrity, and technical program management
- Develop the product analytics necessary to define and prioritize projects and initiatives
- Rapidly prioritize (and re-prioritize) product offerings based on impact, including defining clear success criteria so efforts are always focused around the most impactful work
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal customers to executives
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
What you must have:
- Strong leadership, analytical and communication skills
- 10+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- 5+ years managing teams in product development
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and owning the narrative with leadership and key stakeholders
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A natural ability to make things happen around you: a bias to action, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and get to work
- Experience leading product development from zero to first release and beyond
- A master disambiguator, bringing simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations in fast-moving environments
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users