CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers located in more than 60 countries. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience.
- Consulting-level, highly analytical professional with strong business acumen to assist with the development of a comprehensive fiber and copper infrastructure strategic plan. This position serves a critical role in optimizing Consumer Investments to: (1) Improve revenue trajectory while driving margins higher, (2) Defend market share and penetration against MSO upgrades and municipal overbuilds; (3) Expand fiber infrastructure, (4) Improve experience for customers, and (5) Leverage capital already spent in prior year(s) to complete a reasonably sized FTTP build.
- Responsible for overall strategic planning for new consumer investments across various planning horizons and for both strategic and non-conforming builds:
- Analyzing market level segmentation, micro and macroeconomic drivers, competitive conditions and other key drivers and the associated coordination of this input into the Consumer Finance (including Brain) evaluation tools.
- Iterate with Finance, Product and BI on model outputs and assist with the packaging of investment requests and aligning key data from across the organization.
- This professional will help develop business cases for fiber investments in existing areas, greenfield fiber opportunities, state grant strategy and applications, responses to municipal overbuild threats, non-conforming infrastructure partnerships and copper plant strategy.
- Must be a strategic thinker comfortable presenting to senior leadership and collaborating with other leaders across BU's
- The team will develop maps, align with BI to produce reporting and be responsible for business case investment submittals
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Works on the most complex and unique issues requiring in-depth evaluation to generate solutions to business problems.
- Exercises significant latitude in determining and executing objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Devises methods, modifies or adapts standard procedures to meet different situations.
- Contributes to the establishment of the organization's strategic goals.
- Directly impacts goal achievement of complex company-wide or interdepartmental projects with strategic importance.
- Influences executive level management.
- Serves as liaison on specific projects in other work areas and/or with customers, suppliers, government/regulatory bodies, etc. Contacts generally involve the presentation of information and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years related experience or equivalent education and work experience
- Strong knowledge of the Consumer Business and associated functional groups.
- Master's degree with 6+ years related experience
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Idaho-Boise; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis; US-Minnesota-St Paul; US-Nebraska-Omaha; US-Nevada-Las Vegas; US-North Carolina-Wake Forest; US-Oregon-Portland; US-Utah-Salt Lake City; US-Washington-Seattle; US-Washington-Spokane
Requisition #: 210705
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.