Dialog Semiconductor is a leading provider of integrated circuits (ICs) that power mobile devices and the Internet of Things. Dialog solutions are integral to some of today’s leading mobile devices and the enabling element for increasing performance and productivity on the go. From making smartphones more power efficient and shortening charging times, enabling home appliances to be controlled from anywhere, to connecting the next generation of wearable devices, Dialog’s decades of experience and world-class innovation help manufacturers get to what’s next.
As part of our continued growth, we seek a Senior Layout Engineer.
Working in the Power Conversion Business Group based in Campbell, CA, you will:
• Ability to do block level, macro level and top level; floor planning, routing and verification.
• Verification of chip, block and cell level layouts by use of LVS, DRC, ERC and other required verification checks.
• Layout work to be of highest standard and free from issues with device mismatch, electromigration, parasitic effects, latch up and ESD weakness.
• Import of digital I.P into analog layout tools, and preparation for chip database.
• Able to do chip level floor plan, assemble and verification with digital IP from PNR, foundry IP and analog top level.
• Attendance at and participation in all relevant project meetings, keeping project manager aware of achievements, issues and potential risks to timescales.
• Maintain a layout workspace that is consistent with current working practice.
• Demonstrates an ability to learn new tool features/procedure with little supervision and proactively share knowledge with peers.
What we are looking for
• At least 5 years’ experience in IC layout. BCD process experience in PMIC is a plus.
• Familiarity with Cadence Virtuoso, Layout XL, Calibre and Unix.
• Experience working with multiple processes and their design rules.
• Understanding of basic electrical properties and principals. Knowledge in the integrated circuit electronics including device level cross section, analog and transistor level circuit, is a big plus.
• Good communication skills.
Dialog in California
Working for Dialog in our California offices, you’ll be placed in the heart of the Semiconductor industry in Silicon Valley. With 250+ sunny days a year, you’ll benefit from the close proximity to Santa Cruz and Monterey Beach, and the many activities and national attractions that draw professionals to the 3rd largest state in the USA. As part of our team in California, you’ll be joining a truly multi-cultural, global group with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ambition to continue our impressive growth together.
Why join us
We passionately believe that working at Dialog, you will be joining the brightest, most diverse and ambitious talent in the Semiconductor Industry. We are proud to have won numerous awards and designs, including exclusive patents that have assisted us to enjoy 9 successive years of double digit growth in this highly competitive industry. With sustainable growth on a global scale planned for 2017, the opportunity for talent to progress at Dialog could not be greater. We are fast becoming the employer of choice within microelectronics chip design, power management solutions, short range wireless connectivity and AC/DC power conversion.