Req. ID: 94322
As a Senior Layout Designer in Milpitas, California site, you will develop and prepare multi-dimensional layouts. You will provide detailed drawings of the semiconductor devices from schematics and related geometry provided by design engineering. Work may be completed through the use of CAD or other computerized equipments.
- The position requires an individual with the ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- This individual must be a self-starter and exhibit clear verbal and nonverbal communication skills.
- They must demonstrate a strong ability to debug problems, find effective solutions, and negotiate with the engineering staff.
- They must demonstrate a high level of technical competence.
- They will interact with the Engineering staff to create any of the layout blocks from schematics and verify the integrity of the data.
- Must have strong skills in layout and floor planning skills and manual routing.
- Be able to learn and understand design rules and deliver quality layout.
- Lead role in major block developments.
- Minimum 5 years experience in layout and equivalent related education.
- Understanding of layout methodology from initial chip plan to tapeout.
- Strong debug and problem-solving skills for LVS, DRC and layout issues without much supervision.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with Cadence tool is a must.
- Experience with VXL.
- Experience in using Calibre tool.
- A self-starter who is pro-active and capable of leading when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Independent with strong analytical skills, creative thinking and self-motivated.
- Capable of working in a cross functional, multi site team environment.
- Developing leadership, mentoring, motivational, and team skills.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.