Job Title Senior Laser Engineer
Country United States
Posting Location Santa Barbara, CA
Job Description The Optics group for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is looking to strengthen our team with a highly motivated and technically skilled laser engineer. This senior engineer will be responsible for supporting the laser development for 3D flash Lidar systems. This includes activities such as solidstate laser design and characterization, system integration and failure analysis, and exploration of next generation technologies. The position requires extensive handson experience with: designing, testing, and manufacturing transition of diode pumped solidstate lasers and associated optical components. Experience working with Nd:YAG, Er:glass, or other similar diodepumped, solidstate lasers, is essential. Product development with solidstate lasers is highly desirable.
• Design, characterization, and optimization of solidstate lasers
• Responsible for project level customer interaction
• Negotiate design requirements with internal and external stake holders
• Maintain project schedules
• Supplier and vendor management
• Packaging, system integration, and product development of solidstate lasers
• Trouble shoot laser and optics for 3D flash LIDAR systems
• Support transition to manufacturing and defining production test qualification plans
• Generate documentation and reporting of laser performance
• Support laser safety program
• Lead advanced engineering projects
Job Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Masters or PhD degree in Physics, Optics, Electrical or Electro¬optical Engineering
• Minimum 7 years of relevant laser experience
• Experience with solid-state lasers
• Good communication, documentation, team and presentation skills
• Willingness to work in a distributed global team environment
• Willing to travel (<10% of the time) to support knowledge transfer and global coordination of activities.
The Laser and Optics group for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is responsible for the development of laser and optical systems used in Continental's HFL sensor. This encompasses design and test of receiver optics as well as the full laser transmitter module. The Laser and Optics group is involved in all levels of optics related activities ranging from early stages of advanced engineering and research, demonstration of new technologies and concepts, and manufacturing transition to series production. At our Santa Barbara facility, we are looking for engaging, self-motivated engineers to join the team working on long and short range LIDAR sensors systems for autonomous driving.