About Us At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward. Position Description:
- HDR is looking for an energetic, team-oriented landscape architect/urban designer to join our Design Studio in Dallas. Our design teams work with a diverse range of clients to create vibrant places ranging from urban campuses and plazas to large health, education, science and technology projects. The successful candidate would augment and collaborate with a growing team of designers, provide leadership, and contribute to our design culture with innovative and creative thinking.
Work Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with architects, planners, engineers and other site-based disciplines on commercial and institutionally-scaled design and planning projects
- Lead master planning, urban design and site design projects, from concept development through construction documentation
- Provide leadership on zoning and site plan approvals, public hearings, site programming, design and implementation of master plans
- Create illustrative concept drawings using 3D and 2D digital illustration tools, free-hand drawing and color rendering
- Provide construction administration services including field observation of site work and landscape installation
- 10-15 years of professional experience working as a landscape architect/urban designer
- Strong master planning and design skills on urban and institutionally-scaled projects
- Collaborative experienceworking within a multi-disciplinary design studio
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with the full range of planning and design phases including site analysis, community and site planning, conceptual development, grading, construction documentation and observation
- Excellent communication, time management, graphic and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in landscape architecture; planning with urban design specialty; or architecture from an accredited university
- Registered landscape architect/architect with experience in North Texas preferred.
- Interested candidates should respond with job application, resume and portfolio of recent work samples (via web-based link).
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, wenetwork with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
: United States-Texas-Dallas
: RegularBusinessClass: General Architecture
: Feb 1, 2019