NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a multidisciplinary design consulting firm offering technical expertise to public and private sector clients. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
NV5's Philadelphia office is building a talented team of landscape architects, civil engineers, urban designers, and planners. Our employees are passionate about improving the quality of life for communities through design. We are seeking a motivated individual with the willingness and capability to assist in building a small but growing landscape architecture team within a quickly growing multi-disciplinary design practice.
This full-time position is located in NV5’s Philadelphia office and involves design projects relating to parks and recreation facilities, site development projects, streetscapes, plazas, bicycle and multi-use trail facilities, and green stormwater infrastructure projects for various municipal and private clients. The position involves both business development and technical design and oversight.
Business development relating to landscape architecture practice, as well as oversight of project deliverables, quality assurance and quality control, mentoring junior level staff, and leading community engagement efforts as needed. The ideal candidate possesses a keen familiarity with the local business and political landscape, a track record working directly with local public and private sector clients, experience cultivating and managing client relations, and experienceresponding to RFP’s and writing proposals. The candidate would also lead design, contract documentation, mentor design staff, and be comfortable leading managing multidisciplinary design projects.
On the project level, the individual would be expected to collaborate with our landscape architecture and civil engineering teams to develop design concepts and graphics, prepare presentations, technical contract documents, and other deliverables. The individual would be expected to coordinate and collaborate with clients and consultants, as well as lead project meetings and community presentations as required.
- MLA or BLA degree from an accredited
- Licensed in Landscape Architecture
- 12+ years of design experience
- A portfolio of completed work that indicates an expertise in all aspects of the design process
- Necessary experience in project management, business development, project scheduling, budgeting, and construction administration
- A firm understanding of AutoCAD and other design software utilized for visualization and design (e.g. Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) will be necessary, though the candidate will not necessarily be expected to regularly utilize this software.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for working within a team