n this position, you will be part of an integrated team, you will lead and assist with the design, planning and execution of a variety of landscape architecture and infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will possess exemplary written and digital communication skills and a strategic and design-oriented perspective. You will be expected to lead business development assignments, manage multiple assignments, mentor staff and interact with existing and prospective clients and professionals across many disciplines.
A project team leader with the position and responsibility for design excellence, project management, client development and maintenance and staff mentoring and development including;
- Responsible for leading, executing, and managing a variety of complex landscape architecture projects for clients and for discipline specific projects for internal clients.
- Work through design development and construction document phases to execute built work.
- Serve as a technical design expert in the office, mentor and train staff.
- Site analysis and design concept development including digital and hand-illustrated deliverables suitable to communicate design intent to clients and staff.
- Project scoping, scheduling and concept design through construction phase project management.
- Analysis, design reports and master plan preparations and narratives.
- Interface directly with clients and able to provide clear, well-articulated and solution-based recommendations.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen new and existing client relationships and play a key role in client management and satisfaction.
- Interact with clients and provide representation of our practice for projects, project pursuits, strategic initiatives, promotional events and business development in collaboration with the practice leader and EXP leadership.
- Provide project development through relationships, vision, and leveraging in-house expertise.
- Prepare and manage fee proposals, qualification packages and terms of reference for potential projects.
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience within Landscape Architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture; Master’s degree preferred.
- AALA or equivalent registration
- LEED Accreditation would be considered an asset
- Experience managing staff, consultants, project teams, client relationships and projects
- Urban Design experience
- Ability to meet with potential clients to develop business
- Exceptional design and technical knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects (including Municipalities and private developers) with aggressive delivery schedules
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality design work and design presentations using hand graphics and relevant computer software (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Demonstrated experience and design excellence in several core areas of the practice including open space, parks and plazas, streetscapes, recreation and open space master planning and design, trails, greenways and transportation, land development and urban design, naturalized and resilient landscapes, and cultural landscapes.
- Revit / BIM experience would be considered an asset
- Land F/X experience would be considered an asset