Senior Landman ( Advisor )
8 - 10 years experience •
The Senior Landman will be responsible for the development and management of Oasis' Permian Basin Leasehold and provide land expertise and coordination in order to timely meet the demands of an active drilling schedule. This positon will report to the Delaware Asset Manager, and is located in downtown Houston, TX. Level and salary commensurate with background and experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee and perform all phases of land work in a multi-rig drilling program, including but not limited to title clearance, lease maintenance and ROW acquisition
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to identify and carry out bolt-on acquisitions in and around Oasis’ existing leasehold position
- Direct and supervise land brokers and title attorneys in order to ensure title is clear in advance of drilling
- Draft, review and negotiate various land agreements including, but not limited to; Assignments, Well Trade Agreements, Lease Purchase Agreements, JOA’s, Pooling Agreements, Production Sharing Agreements, etc.
- Provide Land support for AFE process for both operated and non-operated properties
- Facilitate and foster new business relationships within current focus areas and identify opportunities outside of focus areas for future growth
- Build and maintain relationships with the Texas Railroad Commission and University Lands organizations
- Other duties as assigned by manager
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year degree program
- 8 years of previous job related experience with an exploration and production company
- Working knowledge of Texas Railroad Commission Field Rules and Hearing Procedures
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Must possess the ability to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, copier, files, telephone, and fax; maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Petroleum Land Management, Energy Commerce or a related field
- Permian Basin experience
- Experience with development on University Lands
- Strong Microsoft Excel and other software skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Job ID 2018-2171