Senior Land Development Project Manager and Business Development Lead
DEA’s Tustin, CA Land Development team is hiring for a Senior Civil Project Manager and Business Development Lead. This role will be responsible for providing project leadership, management, client & business development, and coordination of both project pursuits and project team efforts in response to client expectations. This is a great opportunity to become part of and contribute to a multi-disciplinary team that innovates around the client’s needs and expectations.
Responsibilities for this role will be but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for overall management of a project, including supervision and oversight, plan and report preparation, entitlements and permitting, preparation and monitoring of budgets and schedules, and maintaining positive client and staff relationships.
- Provide technical reviews, develop quality assurance and quality control procedures for projects, demonstrate planning skills, design and constructionschedule, and development of cost estimating and project budgets.
- Project Managementand design related to:
- Project staffing
- Mentoring technical staff
- Monitoring project budgets and schedules
- Preparation of civil design and permitting packages
- Technical report preparation
- Specification writing
- Preparation of construction cost estimates
- Pursuit champion; manage and coordinate pursuits with the Business Development staff, regional BU managers and the business unit/marketing manager
- Develop tactical action plans for project and or client pursuits
- Candidate shall have the demonstrated ability to develop new and maintain existing client relationships within the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area. The ideal candidate should have a client base consisting of residential and/or commercial/industrial and /or public works development clients
- Minimum 10 years of land development experience with at least 5 years of project management and business development experience with an emphasis in private land development projects and clients
- Track record of recent notable project wins and negotiations that achieve profitable returns in the great Los Angeles market
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer in California