Job ID: 20807
As a Senior Laboratory Failure Analysis Engineer, you will work in the GSFC Parts Analysis Laboratory performing electronic testing, evaluation, destructive physical analysis (DPA), and failure analysis of Electrical/Electronic/Electro-Mechanical components and assemblies, including discrete passive and active components, microcircuits, hybrids, cables, connectors, optical and electro-optical components, RF and magnetics, and electro-mechanical devices. Analytical techniques required include basic electrical bench testing, visual examination using low and high power microscopes, digital photo documentation, real?time radiography, acoustic microscopy, and scanning electron microscopy including energy dispersive spectroscopy. Tasks include lot acceptance DPA, background investigation of failed hardware, reviewing engineering documentation and work order authorizations, and the application of nondestructive and destructive failure analysis techniques. This position requires collaboration with Project personnel, Project Parts Engineers, and various customer organizations.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field, from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of demonstrated performance in the failure analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of electricalcircuit failures, electronic components, assemblies and/or related high reliability hardware (space flight hardware preferred).
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using specialized laboratory tools such as Spectrum and Network Analyzers, PIND tester, C-mode Scanning Acoustic Microscope, Scanning Electron Microscope, Probe Station, Real-Time Radiographic System.
- Comprehensive understanding and wide application of the technical theories, concepts, and analytical techniques in electronics failure analysis.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NASA and U.S. military testing requirements, standards, and specifications.
- Well organized, with the ability to multi-task effectively, keeping multiple jobs on schedule and properly documented.
- Excellent English technical communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to function positively with lab members, vendors, management, and customers, in a dynamic team environment.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.