Energy for What’s Ahead
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
This position will be a Senior Labor Relations Consultant within the Human Resources, Labor Relations Organization at Southern California Edison. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the consistent application of labor policies, procedures, and contractual agreements.
Responsibilities to include:
- Consulting and supporting leaders of represented employees in interpreting and administering the Collective Bargaining
- Agreements (CBA) within assigned areas.
- Performing various research assignments involving Company/Union negotiations, grievances/arbitrations, and historical practices.
- Negotiating interim agreements with Union leadership.
- Interfacing with Union leadership to negotiate and resolve specific labor matters.
- Partnering with Human Resources' disciplines, including but not limited to benefits, compensation, employee relations, equal opportunity, talent management, disability management, and other corporate entities.
- Assisting in the interpretation of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Assisting all levels of management with Performance Management issues in order to avoid grievances.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal employment laws and company policies.
- Evaluating the Company’s potential liability and performing risk analysis.
- Facilitating the grievance and fact-finding processes while functioning as the mediator throughout the multistep grievance process.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationship with Union Representatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or Industrial Relations.
- Ten years of Labor Relations experience working in a unionized environment.
- Ten years of experienceworking with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Demonstrated experience performing Labor Relations duties including leading negotiations, arbitration advocacy, investigations and grievance meetings.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying corporate labor strategy, company policies, Federal and State employment laws and various Union/Company Agreements.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with sensitive, confidential, and proprietary information.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and in a team environment on projects with high visibility and impact to the company.
- Demonstrated experience consulting with management, employees, union officials, and outside agencies on significant labor issues in high conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to allocate time efficiently by effectively managing multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Must have excellent communication skills to comprehend and effectively assess Union position/proposals and effectively communicate back to line management.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage risks, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional client services.
- Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation skills.
- Must be willing to travel in the SCE service territory using personal vehicle.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Local Travelrequired approximately 50% of the time using personal vehicle.