- Develop and implement sales processes and metrics for increased productivity, profitable revenue growth, and customer satisfaction within the Federal Government with emphasis within the VA, the DoD and Federal Agencies.
- Collaborate with sales teams to develop quarterly and annual sales goals and objectives by product line and geographic territory.
- Monitor and communicate progress against sales objectives through weekly, quarterly and annual sales plans. Make appropriate and timely decisions to ensure performance is tracking to or exceeding plans.
- Re-evaluate sales tactics on an ongoing basis to ensure achievement of goals.
- Participates in/ provides input into the determination of annual sales quotas that align with annual operating plan.
- Assess market, competitor and supplier actions and collaborate with the R&D, Product Management and Marketing teams to ensure appropriate and best in class product and services offering.
- Work closely with R&D, Product Management, and Marketing teams to ensure Ascom understands and meets requirements of the VA, DoD and government agencies including, but not limited to, FIPS, RMF, DIACAP, and TAA.
- Develop and sustain relationships with key customers and suppliers to stay abreast of current and emerging customer needs.
- Take an active role in developing the Ascom North American government business through participation in individual RSD performance feedback, team meetings, regional sales meetings and national sales meetings.
- Empower self and others through effective, collaborative relationships that accomplish sales objectives and create an open and supportive work environment.
- Ensure sales team is equipped with the tools and resources to drive profitable revenue growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field;
- 7 years of progressively responsible sales experience, including 5 years of IDN level experience.
- Strong understanding of the healthcare IT and medical device businesses, specifically capital equipment, to include sales channels, purchasing cycles, Corporate Client purchasing process, competitive and market conditions.
- Knowledge of contractual negotiations and the contract development process.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with potential customers.
- Demonstrated ability to gain access to hospital and corporate key executives. • Demonstrated C-level negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently in the field and travel extensively, about 50-75%, throughout the United States. Cover the business travel expenses and submit reimbursements in accordance with company travel policy.
- Ability to clearly express oneself verbally, and in writing, in the English using good grammar, vocabulary, eye contact and friendly voice inflection with all employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner. Persuasive and expositive skills are also required.
- Excellent business presentation and listening skills. Ability to create and present to different audiences, including executives.
- Excellent customer focus with a high sense of urgency and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Since we are an international company and have collaboration with people in different countries, it is important that one has an understanding of cultural diversity. It is fundamental that this candidate has the ability to cooperate and to guide others through mentoring and coaching. This role optimizes time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritize your own work. We also believe that you are able to work independently and like to work process-oriented.