Finicity started out as one of the first 'fintech' pioneers, providing individuals and families data-driven insights to make smarter financial decisions. Our mission and leadership position hasn't changed as we've evolved into a major digital transformation partner for some of the largest financial institutions and other fintech organizations. Through our real-time data aggregation and intelligent insights platform we're fueling the digitalexperiences our clients need to improve efficiency, drive profitability and deepen client loyalty.
Whether we're working with major financial institutions on improving data access for their clients, or fueling a fully digital lending process, we're fortunate to spend our days improving people's financial lives and organization's financial decisions. Come help us and be part of one of American Banker’s Best Fintechs to Work For and one of the Salt Lake Tribune’s Top Workplaces.
Learn more about who we work with: to transform mortgage lending with major GSEs like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to mortgage lending platform providers Black Knight and Ellie Mae; to transform the user experience for data sharing with USAA, JPMorgan Chase, and Wells Fargo. Or see how we have been recognized recently: Housingwire Tech 100, Benzinga FinTech Awards, CFSI Financial Health Leader.
Finicity is looking for talented Front End Engineers in Utah to join our global team. This is a great opportunity to literally invent and work on state of the art apps that improve the way we manage and innovate our data integrations. Work side-by-side with seasoned Product and Program Managers to create world-class product and technology platforms, as part of a global team all dedicated to your success. You will be a part of the development team in a fast paced, high-energy team environment.
What you will do:
- Review and comprehend technical requirements
- Contributing to project goals by avoiding and solving complex technical problems through understanding the dependencies of a complex platform
- Implement and integrate software features as per requirements
- Working in a product creation project and/or technology project with implementation or integration responsibilities
- Bringing productivity, quality and competitive advantage to SW development by solving complex problems in component/product level
- Participate in operator meetings and receive their product roadmaps
- Responsible using the correct development environment
- Communicate problems
- Understand best practices in each platform and ensure the application adheres to each platforms’ best practices
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Participate in software performance analysis and system tuning
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture and coding standards
- Implement new web applications for internal and external use.
What you must have:
- 4-7 years software engineering experience preferably in high tech software, FinTech or related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related engineering discipline OR 6+ years of equivalent industry experience in software engineering required
- Relational Database experience (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres)
- HTML5, CSS3
- Experience in complete software development lifecycle
- Natural openness to new ideas
- Strong analytical ability to master cutting through to the heart of a situation and ensuring the right results in time
- Independent way of working and believe that an open, honest dialogue ensures the best results
- Hard-core debugging and troubleshooting skills
- A excellent sense of what looks good in UI design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A history of company longevity. We are looking for a team player with a long view
- Be passionate about software development