Our team creates creative and innovative business intelligence solutions leveraging and extending Oracle's technologies in order to meet the dynamic and complex needs of Oracle's Supply Chain Operations. We are looking for someone who enjoys a fast paced business environment with a desire to be challenged. The successful candidate will have strong Java and REST/RESTful skills and will create and maintain custom tools/solutions that leverage the most from Oracle's business intelligence cloud solutions. Additionally, a successful candidate will provide both functional and technical support to end-users and act as a key subject matter expert as needed.
- Develop and implement solutions from requirements gathering through to deployment
- Maintain and enhance existing tools and applications
- Tune the JVM for both standalone and JEE deployed tools and applications
- Tune SQL statements embedded within tools and applications as needed
- Document tools and processes as needed
- Interact as main focal between end-users and team, providing support and guidance as needed
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong understanding OO modeling and design patterns
- Strong understanding of REST and RESTful interfaces
- Strong understanding of SQL and SQL tuning
- Strong understanding of Maven, Ant and other build automation tools
- Strong Unix skills a must
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with GIT and CVS
- Familiarity with Supply Chain and Supply Chain Operations preferred
- Agile development experiencepreferred
- Preferred experience with Glassfish and WebLogic
- Experience implementing/integrating business intelligence solutions preferred
- 3-5 years of Java development experience
- 2-3 years of JEE development experience
- Experience implementing message based solutions desirable
- SCM experiencepreferred
- BS in Computer Science or related field or 5 years industry experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MSdegree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.