I have a full time opportunity for an Senior Java Technical Lead in New York, NY. Please see the job description below and let me know if you are interested. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
The Technical Lead, Identity and Access Management is responsible for the overall development, maintenance, and integration of core user identity and access management systems.
The role will help define requirements, guide and participate in activities with team engineers, work with architects and management to shape technical roadmaps, and collaborate with supporting groups to operationalize the systems built.
The Technical Lead needs to combine hands-on engineering skills with strong team leadership. This role is expected to set and maintain a high standard of engineering craftsmanship for the artifacts built while also creating a culture of delivery within the team.
The roles and responsibilities include :
- Software Engineering and Development, which supports Identity and Access Management (IDAM)
- Developing in Java and the contemporary Java software development ecosystem, including the J2EE stack and SpringSuite.
- Building out IDAM platform capabilities primarily as a service.
- Utilizing Agile software development tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Leveraging cloud environments for their capabilities and as the deployment platform.
- Writing and defining user stories, use cases, and acceptance criteria for IDAM features.
- Leading other engineers in the development of IDAM platform.
- Communicating with engineering management and peer teams on the IDAM platform. * IDAM Integration Support
- Understanding typical methods of applying and integrating IDAM practices in Web and other software.
- Analyzing IDAM requirements of client systems.
- Advising on and supporting the use of IDAM platform.
- Building out integration catalog on the use of the IDAM platform. * IDAM System and Platform Support
- Supporting the ongoing operation of IDAM systems, particularly as a point of escalation for resolving non-routine problems
- Proactively analyzing the behavior of IDAM systems and platforms to identify opportunities for improvement
- Debugging issues with IDAM services
- Integrating IDAM services with appropriate Scholastic systems and technologies * Identity and Access Management Practices and Architectures
- Authentication and authorization standards and practices
- Authentication and authorization tooling, libraries, and technical artifacts
- Must have 10+ years of software development experience
- Must have strong familiarity with JAVA, Spring Suite, JEE web application development
- Must have experience with highly scalable and highly available systems
- Must have experience with RESTful api development (provider and consumer side).
- Must have familiarity with maven and git
- Must have 3+ years working in an agile team and with agile tools (e.g. Rally, JIRA, others).
- Must have good communication skills
- Experience with IAM concepts and technology (e.g. LDAP, SAML, OAuth) is a strong plus
- Deployment automation (e.g. with chef, puppet, ansible) is a strong plus
- Familiarity with Amazon EC2/cloud environments is a strong plus
- ATDD and TDD experience is a strong plus
- NoSQL experience (mongoDB, Cassandra) is a plus
- Minimum of Bachelors degree, but Masters preferred