Ready to grow your career leveraging the latest in technology while working for a best in class Group Benefits Insurance provider?
Join a fast-paced Agile organization executing on a multi- year Strategic Roadmap building out state of the art capabilities on our new Revenue Management platform. You will have the opportunity to lead and drive a team where we are passionate about technology and building innovative solutions that help create optimal business value.
This cutting edge and forward focused collaborative team presents the opportunity for you to grow your career, leave your mark on the design of our business capabilities and be part of the future growth of our Business!
What's in it for you?
- Work with Solution Architects and Business leaders to understand the architectural roadmaps that support and fulfill business strategy.
- Lead and design custom solutions on our Revenue Management Platform
- Act as a Tech Lead and Engineer mentoring colleagues with less experience
- Collaboration with a high-performing, forward-focused team, Product Owner(s) and Business stakeholders engagement
- Enable and influence the timely and successful delivery of business data capabilities and/or technology objectives
- Opportunity to expand your communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organization capabilities
- Experience working in a fast paced environment – driving business outcomes leveraging Agile to its fullest
- Enhance your entrepreneurial mindset – network opportunity and influencing outcomes
- Supporting environment that fosters can-do attitude and opportunity for growth and advancement based on consistent demonstrative performance
What is The Hartford looking for? Someone who can….
- Provide technical leadership by enforcing the vision of the application architecture and safeguard the integrity of the application environment, in alliance with architects and other tech leads.
- Understand and implement the overall technical vision for projects, programs, or systems, keeping in mind cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization and architecture rationalization.
- Function as subject matter expert and advocate for the software applications supported, requiring depth and breadth in their knowledge of the business processes, technologies, applications, integration and interfaces.
- Oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
- Proactively address technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or budget
- Work closely with stakeholders to design and document automation solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision.
- Facilitate continuity between Sourcing Partners, other IT Groups and Enterprise Architecture.
- Work closely with the architecture team to ensure that the technical solution designs and implementation are consistent with the architectural vision, as well as to drive the business through technical innovation through the use of newly identified and leading technologies.
- Own and drive adoption of DevOps tools and best practices (including conducting (automated) code reviews, reducing/eliminating technical debt, and delivering vulnerability free code) across the application portfolio.
- May be required to participate directly in pilot development, coding or troubleshooting.
- Provide leadership in invest or maintenance initiatives (review, input, recommend) and ensure alignment to strategic roadmap and application stability.
- Mentor and train project team members (including Sourcing Partners) to enforce development guidelines and best practices.
- Provide leadership to ensure business deliverables are met, while providing timely coaching and feedback.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of programming / systems analysis expertise in Java, Oracle, web services, etc.
- Passion for continuous learning and mentoring peers
- Strong Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, scrum theory, rules and practices.Demonstrate advanced business and technical acumen for applications, skills in shaping and leading development of technical specifications. Experience with developing Integration, interfaces and UI extensions.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills. Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within established timelines, relationship building skills. Exceptional Communication skills - written and verbal.
- Exposure to code quality tools like SonarQube, performance fine tuning, ability to adapt to new technology and frameworks.
- High level of independence but is also a team player and attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.