Interested in making a difference in health care? How about working for Welltok? We’re a fanatical team of healthcare enthusiasts on a mission to create a world where every healthcare consumer can achieve and sustain their optimal health. We have been building analytics driven heath care solutions to payers, patients, providers and hospital systems. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the fast-growing Tea Leaves Health team, you will be responsible for analysis, design & development of new features for client facing SaaS based CRM, business intelligence, analytics applications. In addition to programming, you will have significant influence on technical design, code quality, application & system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrable track record of building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade client facing applications utilizing latest technology patterns and software engineering best practices in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
- As a senior developer in cross functional agile development team, your core responsibilities include analysis, programming in full stack of technologies, design, core business libraries, database code, unit testing, R&D, build & deployment and application production support.
- Actively participates in all Scrum Ceremonies, JAD sessions, Architecture sessions, code & design reviews, product demos and contributes extensively in smooth functioning & performance growth of the team.
- Works closely with Product Owner, Solution Architect, Scrum Master on solution design approaches, backlog grooming, prioritization, estimation, R&D, prototypes, client demos and release planning.
- Writes well designed, testable, scalable, reactive, high quality code and ensure designs are compliance with specifications, standards and best practices.
- Provides technical production support, production operations, defect triaging & analysis, customer help to ensure best customer service and application availability.
- Collaborates with other technical leaders, leads technical solution design, owns code quality & technical documentation of application.
- Acts as role model, inspires & mentors’ junior developers on technology, product, tools and best practices, provides inputs on performance management.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent is desirable.
- 5+ years of professional experience, mainly developing enterprise software or largescale web applications, working across all layers of the application, from back-end databases through to the user interface.
- Strong communication skills with ability to effectively communicate complex information to technical & non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated strong sense of ownership, urgency, drive and willingness to work in a small startup like environment with tight schedules and frequent priority changes.
- Must be passionate about software development best practices, code quality and lean & agile development with the ability to quickly adapt & learn.
- Results driven leader with strong ability to negotiate, persuade, mentor and inspire.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, wearing multiple hats with proven experience in working with people from various cultures, backgrounds in a distributed team.
- Must have knowledge on Agile development, software engineering, system Architecture, Dev Ops, Build and deployment, continuous integration.
- Required technical skills
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Design & Programming , Java, architecture patterns and best practices
- Must have hands on experience on Unix/Linux OS.
- Spring framework, especially Spring MVC
- Good knowledge on web services, REST API
- Good knowledge on data, Basic knowledge of relational databases like PostgresSQL
- experience on web/app servers like Tomcat, JBoss
- Good experience on dev tools like Maven, Git, Jira, Eclipse, Bitbuckett
- Strong experience in code quality, unit testing, tools like JUnit, SonarQube
- Java ORM, either JPA or native Hibernate
Nice to have Skills:
- Microservices Architecture, Cloud architecture, Containers and Queue technologies like RabbitMQ
- Unix shell scripting, Python, Perl, or otherscriptinglanguages
- Writing complex database queries and query tuning
- Experience with GIS systems, CRM applications, Big Data analytics
- Experience with Health care data, claims
- Others nice to haves like Lua, C++, Cassandra, Spark, Scala