How's this for a challenge? Help us transform health care and change the way consumers engage with technology. Pretty ambitious? Yes. But it also pretty much guarantees that you won't be bored. Ever. Because here, at Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, you'll have the opportunity to achieve great things while you showcase your passion and technical expertise as an Applications Developer. You'll work alongside some of the most engaged and brilliant people in our business; people who bring compassion, energy and focus to their work every day.
- Help predict emerging customer needs and develop business strategies and innovative solutions to meet them
- Develop and manage business plans and lead large, complex projects
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products and/or approaches to help solve complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Know this. We operate a complex, matrixed environment that requires you to work through ambiguity and build relationships across technology teams and the business. You'll need to act as an effective mentor and role model to other developers as well as earn credibility with business and technology leaders within a demanding deadline-driven environment.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience working within the Software Development Life Cycle
- 5 + years of development experience with Java
- 5+ years as a Sr. Developer
- 2+ years experience with Oracle
- 1+ years of Shell Scripting
- 1+ years of experience with Agile methodology
- Must be able to be on call 24X7 at times during the year
- Health care industry experience